Uttar Pradesh MLA booked for immoral trafficking gets bail
Panaji: A sessions court on Monday granted bail to Samajwadi Party MLA from Uttar Pradesh Mahendra Singh who was arrested last week from a dance bar in Goa.
The MLA had been booked under Immoral Trafficking Act and remanded in police custody till September 2.
District and Sessions court also asked Singh, an MLA from Sitapur, to be present at Panaji police station for next three days.
Singh, along with five others, was apprehended from a dance bar located in Campal area here following a raid by police on August 26.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Investigations so far have shown the legislator and other accused brought the girls to Goa on their trip and even stayed with them in a starred hotel at Calangute.
Police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh`s arrest as is mandatory under law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees