Uttar Pradesh MLA booked for immoral trafficking gets bail
Panaji: A sessions court on Monday granted bail to Samajwadi Party MLA from Uttar Pradesh Mahendra Singh who was arrested last week from a dance bar in Goa.
The MLA had been booked under Immoral Trafficking Act and remanded in police custody till September 2.
District and Sessions court also asked Singh, an MLA from Sitapur, to be present at Panaji police station for next three days.
Singh, along with five others, was apprehended from a dance bar located in Campal area here following a raid by police on August 26.
Six girls, from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, UP and Chhattisgarh, were rescued during the raid.
Investigations so far have shown the legislator and other accused brought the girls to Goa on their trip and even stayed with them in a starred hotel at Calangute.
Police had already informed the UP Assembly Speaker about Singh`s arrest as is mandatory under law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video