Uttar Pradesh on alert for bird flu
Kanpur: In the wake of bird flu cases having
been reported from Jharkhand and Orissa, the Uttar Pradesh
government has issued an alert to all districts to take
Kanpur Chief Medical Officer Dr Jay Singh today said that
he, along with other CMOs in the state, have been asked to
keep track of any suspected bird flu cases.
A letter has been issued to all 10 Community Health
Centres (CHC) and Primary Health Centres (PHCs) and details
have been sought in case such cases have been reported, he
said, adding that veterinary doctors have also been alerted.
There have been no reports of bird flu in the district so
far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US