Uttar Pradesh: Teenage girl killed for dishonour
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly strangulated to death by her family members in Chorawala village in the
district, police said on Satuirday.
Sonia, who was having an affair with a Dalit youth Sonu (22), was killed last evening by her father Sukka Kashyap and other family members, who were opposed to their relationship, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered by the police when her family was trying to secretly cremate her near the Ganga river, they said, adding that the girl`s family members are absconding.
In another case, the semi-nude body of a woman was found in a field in Mundait village in the district.
Police suspect that the victim was raped and murdered.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem and investigation is on in both the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof