Uttar Pradesh: Teenage girl killed for dishonour
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly strangulated to death by her family members in Chorawala village in the
district, police said on Satuirday.
Sonia, who was having an affair with a Dalit youth Sonu (22), was killed last evening by her father Sukka Kashyap and other family members, who were opposed to their relationship, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered by the police when her family was trying to secretly cremate her near the Ganga river, they said, adding that the girl`s family members are absconding.
In another case, the semi-nude body of a woman was found in a field in Mundait village in the district.
Police suspect that the victim was raped and murdered.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem and investigation is on in both the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'