Uttar Pradesh: Teenage girl killed for dishonour
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a 17-year-old girl was allegedly strangulated to death by her family members in Chorawala village in the
district, police said on Satuirday.
Sonia, who was having an affair with a Dalit youth Sonu (22), was killed last evening by her father Sukka Kashyap and other family members, who were opposed to their relationship, they said.
The victim`s body was recovered by the police when her family was trying to secretly cremate her near the Ganga river, they said, adding that the girl`s family members are absconding.
In another case, the semi-nude body of a woman was found in a field in Mundait village in the district.
Police suspect that the victim was raped and murdered.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem and investigation is on in both the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt