Uttar Pradesh to post Madrassa details online
Lucknow: The details of madrassas in Uttar Pradesh would be posted online after 118 of them were found to be fake and running only on official records, an official said on Saturday.
"It has come to light that many fake institutions were running across the state, but from now on, registration and posting details online will be mandatory," said Devesh Chaturvedi, the secretary at minority welfare department.
The district magistrates have also been asked to verify the existence and running of such madrassa in their districts. The madrassas will now have to furnish details of their place of running, whether it has been recognised, if yes, from where and the names of its office bearers in the management.
Officials said madrassa were an important and integral part of the education system in Muslims and the government was committed to give them the best environment to discharge duties.
An official said the state was also considering various strengthening mechanisms and schemes for madrassa education in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders