Uttar Pradesh to post Madrassa details online
Lucknow: The details of madrassas in Uttar Pradesh would be posted online after 118 of them were found to be fake and running only on official records, an official said on Saturday.
"It has come to light that many fake institutions were running across the state, but from now on, registration and posting details online will be mandatory," said Devesh Chaturvedi, the secretary at minority welfare department.
The district magistrates have also been asked to verify the existence and running of such madrassa in their districts. The madrassas will now have to furnish details of their place of running, whether it has been recognised, if yes, from where and the names of its office bearers in the management.
Officials said madrassa were an important and integral part of the education system in Muslims and the government was committed to give them the best environment to discharge duties.
An official said the state was also considering various strengthening mechanisms and schemes for madrassa education in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31