Uttar Pradesh to post Madrassa details online
Lucknow: The details of madrassas in Uttar Pradesh would be posted online after 118 of them were found to be fake and running only on official records, an official said on Saturday.
"It has come to light that many fake institutions were running across the state, but from now on, registration and posting details online will be mandatory," said Devesh Chaturvedi, the secretary at minority welfare department.
The district magistrates have also been asked to verify the existence and running of such madrassa in their districts. The madrassas will now have to furnish details of their place of running, whether it has been recognised, if yes, from where and the names of its office bearers in the management.
Officials said madrassa were an important and integral part of the education system in Muslims and the government was committed to give them the best environment to discharge duties.
An official said the state was also considering various strengthening mechanisms and schemes for madrassa education in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players