Uttarakhand floods: Five more bodies recovered from Ganga; total touches 14
Allahabad: Five more bodies were on Tuesday fished out of the Ganga here, taking to 14 the total number of corpses recovered from the river following floods in the neighbouring state of Uttarakhand.
Police spokesman Uma Shankar Shukla said that unidentified bodies of three males and two females were found in the river in the Jhusi police station area on the outskirts of the city.
Six such bodies were found in the Manda police station area on June 26 followed by the recovery of one corpse each on June 28, June 29 and July 1 in the Handia, Shivkuti and Meja police station areas, respectively.
Police said that the possibility that these bodies were of pilgrims who were swept away in the devastating Uttarakhand floods "could not be ruled out".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic