Uttarakhand floods: Stolen wood seized from locals
Muzaffarnagar: Wood worth lakhs of rupees, allegedly picked up by locals when it came flowing in the Ganga from flood-ravaged Uttarakhand, was on Tuesday recovered by police in Ferozpur village.
"A team led by sub-divisional magistrate Arvind Tripathi yesterday raided Firozpur village and recovered wood worth lakhs of rupees, which were allegedly taken by villagers," SSP Manzil Saini said.
District authorities had received complaints that villagers in Firozabad, Shukertal, Bahupura, Bhokaheri, Hajuipura, Sikri, Biharighar, Maharaj Nagar and Sitabpuri, were lifting wood floating in Ganga river, Saini said.
More raids will be conducted, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley