Uttarakhand floods: Stolen wood seized from locals
Muzaffarnagar: Wood worth lakhs of rupees, allegedly picked up by locals when it came flowing in the Ganga from flood-ravaged Uttarakhand, was on Tuesday recovered by police in Ferozpur village.
"A team led by sub-divisional magistrate Arvind Tripathi yesterday raided Firozpur village and recovered wood worth lakhs of rupees, which were allegedly taken by villagers," SSP Manzil Saini said.
District authorities had received complaints that villagers in Firozabad, Shukertal, Bahupura, Bhokaheri, Hajuipura, Sikri, Biharighar, Maharaj Nagar and Sitabpuri, were lifting wood floating in Ganga river, Saini said.
More raids will be conducted, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof