Uttarakhand Lokayukta is a model law: Jaitely
Dehra Dun: BJP on Thursday said the Lokaykta Act in
Uttarakhand will act as a model law for all states and the
Centre to enact similar measures.
"I Congratulate the Uttarakhand government for enacting
this Lokayukta. I feel that this Lokayukta will be a model law
in India", Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitely told reporters after a function.
Commending the Lokayukta bill passed by Uttarakhand
assembly, Jaitely expressed the hope that the Centre would
also follow suit by enacting a strong Lokpal Bill.
Referring to Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s
forthcoming visit to Gauchar in Chamoli district for
Karanprayag-Rishikesh rail project, Jaitely said the
foundation stone ceremony should not be allowed to become a
"It would have been better had the Prime Minister been
invited for this function", Jaitely said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...