Uttarakhand Lokayukta is a model law: Jaitely
Dehra Dun: BJP on Thursday said the Lokaykta Act in
Uttarakhand will act as a model law for all states and the
Centre to enact similar measures.
"I Congratulate the Uttarakhand government for enacting
this Lokayukta. I feel that this Lokayukta will be a model law
in India", Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun
Jaitely told reporters after a function.
Commending the Lokayukta bill passed by Uttarakhand
assembly, Jaitely expressed the hope that the Centre would
also follow suit by enacting a strong Lokpal Bill.
Referring to Congress President Sonia Gandhi’s
forthcoming visit to Gauchar in Chamoli district for
Karanprayag-Rishikesh rail project, Jaitely said the
foundation stone ceremony should not be allowed to become a
"It would have been better had the Prime Minister been
invited for this function", Jaitely said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi