Vacant posts in all departments to be filled in 4yrs: UP govt
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said that vacant posts in all the departments of Uttar Pradesh would be filled by recruiting officers and employees through a regular process in four years time.
The chief minister said this while replying on two day`s discussions on the 2013-2014 budget of general administration and home departments in the Legislative Assembly.
He said that for bringing desired improvement in the functioning of police force, the government would go for special training for the force in which taking help of army could also be considered.
Terming law and order as the biggest priority of his government, the chief minister said that it was an absolute necessity for ensuring development and industrial investment in the state.
Stressing that all the achievements of the government are negated by a single incident of crime, Yadav said that with a view to bring law and order back on track, prompt action has been taken and stern measures would be taken in future also.
He said that recruitment of officials and employees would be done through a proper plan in four years time.
Targeting previous BSP government, Yadav said despite completion of one year of his government, more time was needed to rectify the wrongs of the past five years and the manner in which police was made to act like party cadres.
"Working in police thanas and tehsils do not go wayward in a year", he said, and questioned as to who spoiled the system and it needed to be seen as to how the police has been used.
He alleged that during the BSP government FIRs were not registered and once he was himself arrested thrice during a span of two days.
Alleging that organised corruption was encouraged during the BSP government, he said the conditions were such that an IAS officer committed suicide, a CMO was murdered and a deputy CMO was killed in the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves