Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor
Lucknow: Four senior students of an Uttar Pradesh university have been booked for physically abusing their junior, forcing him to remove his clothes and consume liquor in a case of ragging, police said Monday.
Abhishek Singh, Purasharth Pandey, Rishikesh Singh and Girish, all enrolled in B.A. third year at Bundelkhand University in Jhansi district, brutally assaulted a first-year B.A. student, Rituraj Kumar, Saturday outside the campus in Nawabad area, police said.
"After intercepting Rituraj outside the campus, the four students took him to a secluded place and forced him to act as a male stripper and consume liquor. Later, they assaulted Rituraj after he told them he would report the matter to the varsity authorities," police inspector Naseem Khan told reporters in Jhansi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Bundelkhand University is a state government-run institution.
"A case against the four students was registered late Sunday after the victim approached us along with his medical reports," he added.
According to police, all the four senior students are absconding.
"We have sought assistance from the university officials for nabbing the students," said Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam