Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor
Lucknow: Four senior students of an Uttar Pradesh university have been booked for physically abusing their junior, forcing him to remove his clothes and consume liquor in a case of ragging, police said Monday.
Abhishek Singh, Purasharth Pandey, Rishikesh Singh and Girish, all enrolled in B.A. third year at Bundelkhand University in Jhansi district, brutally assaulted a first-year B.A. student, Rituraj Kumar, Saturday outside the campus in Nawabad area, police said.
"After intercepting Rituraj outside the campus, the four students took him to a secluded place and forced him to act as a male stripper and consume liquor. Later, they assaulted Rituraj after he told them he would report the matter to the varsity authorities," police inspector Naseem Khan told reporters in Jhansi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Bundelkhand University is a state government-run institution.
"A case against the four students was registered late Sunday after the victim approached us along with his medical reports," he added.
According to police, all the four senior students are absconding.
"We have sought assistance from the university officials for nabbing the students," said Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened