Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor
Lucknow: Four senior students of an Uttar Pradesh university have been booked for physically abusing their junior, forcing him to remove his clothes and consume liquor in a case of ragging, police said Monday.
Abhishek Singh, Purasharth Pandey, Rishikesh Singh and Girish, all enrolled in B.A. third year at Bundelkhand University in Jhansi district, brutally assaulted a first-year B.A. student, Rituraj Kumar, Saturday outside the campus in Nawabad area, police said.
"After intercepting Rituraj outside the campus, the four students took him to a secluded place and forced him to act as a male stripper and consume liquor. Later, they assaulted Rituraj after he told them he would report the matter to the varsity authorities," police inspector Naseem Khan told reporters in Jhansi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Bundelkhand University is a state government-run institution.
"A case against the four students was registered late Sunday after the victim approached us along with his medical reports," he added.
According to police, all the four senior students are absconding.
"We have sought assistance from the university officials for nabbing the students," said Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing