Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor
Lucknow: Four senior students of an Uttar Pradesh university have been booked for physically abusing their junior, forcing him to remove his clothes and consume liquor in a case of ragging, police said Monday.
Abhishek Singh, Purasharth Pandey, Rishikesh Singh and Girish, all enrolled in B.A. third year at Bundelkhand University in Jhansi district, brutally assaulted a first-year B.A. student, Rituraj Kumar, Saturday outside the campus in Nawabad area, police said.
"After intercepting Rituraj outside the campus, the four students took him to a secluded place and forced him to act as a male stripper and consume liquor. Later, they assaulted Rituraj after he told them he would report the matter to the varsity authorities," police inspector Naseem Khan told reporters in Jhansi, some 250 km from Lucknow.
Bundelkhand University is a state government-run institution.
"A case against the four students was registered late Sunday after the victim approached us along with his medical reports," he added.
According to police, all the four senior students are absconding.
"We have sought assistance from the university officials for nabbing the students," said Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive