Kanpur: A 24-year-old student of Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology here died on Tuesday due to electrocution at his hostel room, police said.
Prashant Kumar Yadav who hailed form Etawah and was a fifth semester student of the BSC (Agri) department died at around 10 am in Tilak Hostel's room no. 5, the university's media incharge Naushad Khan said.
Khan said that Prashant came in contact with current when he tried to switch on a power button in his room just after taking bath when he was wet-bodied.
Hearing Prashant's cry other students came and informed the university's administration who take them to a nearby private hospital, he said.
Later on he was moved to Medical College hospital where doctors declared him dead, Khan said.
Prashant's parents have been informed about the incident and they have arrived at the institute, he said.
Meanwhile, the Nawabganj police station has sent the body for post-mortem and are investigating the matter, police said.