Varun Gandhi not to campaign in cousin Rahul`s constituency
Sultanpur: Proving that blood is indeed thicker than water, BJP leader Varun Gandhi on Saturday said he would not campaign for his party candidate in cousin Rahul Gandhi`s Lok Sabha constituency Amethi.
"In every sphere of life, courtesy is most essential," Varun said ruling out the possibility of his seeking votes for his party nominee in the nearby constituency.
Maintaining that he gave "special importance to relations", Varun told reporters that he did not nurture negative feelings towards candidates of rival political parties.
Varun, an MP from Pilibhit, is tipped to be fielded in Sultanpur constituency and has been campaigning here for the past few days.
His father Sanjay Gandhi had started his political career in 1970s from Sultanpur and won his first election from Amethi, which was a part a of the district at that time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days