Vayalar Ravi, Uttar Pradesh, immigrants protection centre
Rae Bareli: Uttar Pradesh`s first immigrants’ protection centre was inaugurated here by Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, who was among the three Union Ministers to visit the parliamentary constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday.
About two lakh people from the state go to Gulf countries for jobs and the centre would facilitate their immigration needs, Ravi said during the inauguration ceremony at Rudra Khawaja locality.
He also inaugurated a spice park in Datauli village in Harchandpur assembly seat.
The centre inaugurated today is the country`s ninth such centre.
Union Minister of State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena, while inaugurating 10 SBI and five UCO bank branches in rural areas of Saraini and Lalganj said that during the current fiscal 2,700 more branches would be set up in remote areas in the state to ensure banking facilities to all on basis of UID.
Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises K H Muniyappa addressed a `buyer and seller` conference organised by National Small Industries Corporation.
Muniyappa said that schemes were being pursued to equip micro and small industrialists to produce quality tools and equipments, which were good to be utilised in big enterprises.
Efforts were being made that all equipments besides wheel and axle for the Lalganj railway coach factory at Rae Bareli were manufactured by the local people, he told reporters in Lucknow.
He said that it could create a market of Rs 2000 crore locally, which would generate job avenue to a number of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state