Vayalar Ravi, Uttar Pradesh, immigrants protection centre
Rae Bareli: Uttar Pradesh`s first immigrants’ protection centre was inaugurated here by Minister of Overseas Indian Affairs Vayalar Ravi, who was among the three Union Ministers to visit the parliamentary constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday.
About two lakh people from the state go to Gulf countries for jobs and the centre would facilitate their immigration needs, Ravi said during the inauguration ceremony at Rudra Khawaja locality.
He also inaugurated a spice park in Datauli village in Harchandpur assembly seat.
The centre inaugurated today is the country`s ninth such centre.
Union Minister of State for Finance, Namo Narain Meena, while inaugurating 10 SBI and five UCO bank branches in rural areas of Saraini and Lalganj said that during the current fiscal 2,700 more branches would be set up in remote areas in the state to ensure banking facilities to all on basis of UID.
Union Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises K H Muniyappa addressed a `buyer and seller` conference organised by National Small Industries Corporation.
Muniyappa said that schemes were being pursued to equip micro and small industrialists to produce quality tools and equipments, which were good to be utilised in big enterprises.
Efforts were being made that all equipments besides wheel and axle for the Lalganj railway coach factory at Rae Bareli were manufactured by the local people, he told reporters in Lucknow.
He said that it could create a market of Rs 2000 crore locally, which would generate job avenue to a number of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal