Veils go off Maya’s statues, her elephants
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government uncovered the statues of Chief Minister Mayawati and her party’s poll symbol, the elephant on Sunday.
In a late night decision yesterday, the Election Commission asked the state government to uncover the statues.
The EC had said the statues should be uncovered as the poll process was over in the state.
The Election Commission on January 07 ordered to drape the statues of Mayawati and BSP’s poll symbol, the elephant dotted across the state should be draped till the Assembly elections are over.
Over 2 km of pink polythene was used to cover the 200 plus statues.
The statues of Mayawati at Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal in Gomti Nagar in Lucknow were fixed by cardboards on iron scaffoldings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'