Veils go off Maya’s statues, her elephants
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government uncovered the statues of Chief Minister Mayawati and her party’s poll symbol, the elephant on Sunday.
In a late night decision yesterday, the Election Commission asked the state government to uncover the statues.
The EC had said the statues should be uncovered as the poll process was over in the state.
The Election Commission on January 07 ordered to drape the statues of Mayawati and BSP’s poll symbol, the elephant dotted across the state should be draped till the Assembly elections are over.
Over 2 km of pink polythene was used to cover the 200 plus statues.
The statues of Mayawati at Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal in Gomti Nagar in Lucknow were fixed by cardboards on iron scaffoldings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das