Vested interests disturbing peace in UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Tuesday said some vested interests were out to disturb peace and order in the state ever since the Samajwadi Party government came to power to tarnish its image.
Designs of such mischievous elements would not be allowed to succeed, Akhilesh told a delegation from Faizabad which witnessed violent incidents during Dusherra.
Clear directives have been issued to district and police officials to ensure that such incidents do not recur and law and order is maintained strictly, he said.
Officials not heeding to these directives will be dealt with sternly, the Chief Minister said.
Akhilesh assured victims of Faizabad violence that his government would compensate them for their losses, according to officials.
He assured the delegation that stern action would be taken against those district and police officials who had failed to control the situation.
Innocents arrested during the Faizabad violence would be released soon, the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant