VHP leader kills wife, daughter-in-law, commits suicide
Lucknow: A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law in Kotwali area of Faizabad district, police said here Tuesday.
Krishna Kumar Agarwal (61) hanged himself from a ceiling after killing his wife Prabharani (50) and daughter-in-law Rudrapriya (22) at his Acharya Nagar colony residence last evening, they said.
While Rudrapriya was strangled to death, Prabharani was hit with a rod on her head resulting in her death, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot in which Agarwal had stated that he was committing suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law, they said.
Prima facie it appears that family tension led to the incident. Even Agarwal`s son had said that the dispute had reached the peak, a senior officer said here.
Besides being associated with the VHP, Agarwal was also a trader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district