VHP leader kills wife, daughter-in-law, commits suicide
Lucknow: A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law in Kotwali area of Faizabad district, police said here Tuesday.
Krishna Kumar Agarwal (61) hanged himself from a ceiling after killing his wife Prabharani (50) and daughter-in-law Rudrapriya (22) at his Acharya Nagar colony residence last evening, they said.
While Rudrapriya was strangled to death, Prabharani was hit with a rod on her head resulting in her death, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot in which Agarwal had stated that he was committing suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law, they said.
Prima facie it appears that family tension led to the incident. Even Agarwal`s son had said that the dispute had reached the peak, a senior officer said here.
Besides being associated with the VHP, Agarwal was also a trader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail