VHP leader kills wife, daughter-in-law, commits suicide
Lucknow: A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law in Kotwali area of Faizabad district, police said here Tuesday.
Krishna Kumar Agarwal (61) hanged himself from a ceiling after killing his wife Prabharani (50) and daughter-in-law Rudrapriya (22) at his Acharya Nagar colony residence last evening, they said.
While Rudrapriya was strangled to death, Prabharani was hit with a rod on her head resulting in her death, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot in which Agarwal had stated that he was committing suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law, they said.
Prima facie it appears that family tension led to the incident. Even Agarwal`s son had said that the dispute had reached the peak, a senior officer said here.
Besides being associated with the VHP, Agarwal was also a trader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29