VHP leader kills wife, daughter-in-law, commits suicide
Lucknow: A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law in Kotwali area of Faizabad district, police said here Tuesday.
Krishna Kumar Agarwal (61) hanged himself from a ceiling after killing his wife Prabharani (50) and daughter-in-law Rudrapriya (22) at his Acharya Nagar colony residence last evening, they said.
While Rudrapriya was strangled to death, Prabharani was hit with a rod on her head resulting in her death, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot in which Agarwal had stated that he was committing suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law, they said.
Prima facie it appears that family tension led to the incident. Even Agarwal`s son had said that the dispute had reached the peak, a senior officer said here.
Besides being associated with the VHP, Agarwal was also a trader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof