VHP leader kills wife, daughter-in-law, commits suicide
Lucknow: A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader allegedly committed suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law in Kotwali area of Faizabad district, police said here Tuesday.
Krishna Kumar Agarwal (61) hanged himself from a ceiling after killing his wife Prabharani (50) and daughter-in-law Rudrapriya (22) at his Acharya Nagar colony residence last evening, they said.
While Rudrapriya was strangled to death, Prabharani was hit with a rod on her head resulting in her death, police said.
A suicide note was recovered from the spot in which Agarwal had stated that he was committing suicide after killing his wife and daughter-in-law, they said.
Prima facie it appears that family tension led to the incident. Even Agarwal`s son had said that the dispute had reached the peak, a senior officer said here.
Besides being associated with the VHP, Agarwal was also a trader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal