VHP rallies are aimed at creating divide: Mulayam Singh Yadav
Rampur: Urging VHP to refrain from creating division in the society, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Saturday said, instead of organising "Sankalp Diwas", it should hold "Vikas Sankalp" rallies.
"The Vishwa Hindu Parishad must refrain from organising rallies like `Sankalp Diwas` which are meant to create division in the society and should inculcate a sense of responsibility among its cadres," Mulayam said, addressing a rally here on Saturday.
"Instead they should hold `Vikas Sankalp` rallies," he said, adding "states like Karnataka have created records in the fields of health and education by keeping the divisive forces at bay".
Stating "the country has been facing enormous trouble due to unsecured borders", Mulayam urged people to vote in favour of his party in the coming Lok Sabha elections so that "we can exercise our control in formulation of policies related to the security of the country".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it