VHP seeks SC-supervised probe into UP communal incidents
Jaunpur (UP): Asserting that it has no faith in CBI probe, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Tuesday demanded a thorough inquiry under the supervision of Supreme Court into all incidents of communal violence that took place in various parts of Uttar Pradesh during Samajwadi Party rule.
"We have no faith in CBI probe. Not only Muzaffarnagar violence, but inquiry into all the riots during the rule of SP government should be conducted under the supervision of Supreme Court," VHP leader Swami Chinmayanand said here.
Accusing UP minister Azam Khan and his associates of inciting communal passions in Muzaffarnagar, Chinmayanand demanded a case against the SP leader and his dismissal from the Uttar Pradesh cabinet.
"One-sided cases were lodged (in connection with Muzaffarnagar violence) and arrests were made. Even a non-political organisation like Bhartiya Kisan Union was not spared," he said.
Chinmayanand alleged that the SP-led government was fanning communalism in the state to conceal its failures due to wrong policy decisions, and sought its dismissal.
Continuing his attack on Azam, the VHP leader alleged that the 84-Kosi Parikrama in Ayodhya was banned on the directions of the minister and 3000 people, including seers, were arrested.
"Had the security personnel, who were deployed to stop the Parikrama in Ayodhya, been deployed in Muzaffarnagar, such a large number of innocent people would not have been killed," Chinmayanand said.
By putting blame of riots on VHP and Bajrang Dal, the government cannot run away from its responsibility, Chinmayanand said, alleging that dual policy was being adopted in the name of providing relief to riot victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!