VHP set to reinvigorate Hindutva at Kumbh meet
Allahabad: The top leaders of BJP’s ideological fountainhead the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Sangh Parivar affiliate Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) will meet on Wednesday to revive the Hindutva agenda by shifting the focus back on the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
According to reports, during the day-long event organized by the VHP, its senior leaders and top RSS ideologues will deliberate on how to resurrect the Ram temple issue that was once the main political plank of the BJP.
During the meet, the RSS and the VHP top brass is also expected to set a new deadline for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The VHP has distributed pamphlets on the Ram temple – a move backed by the saints, pontiffs and heads of the religious sects.
Besides, the VHP and the RSS top brass is also expected to chalk out a strategy on how to harness a soft Hindutva appeal in the run-up to the 2014 General Elections.
In order to give a further boost to its Hindutva agenda, the RSS is also expected to kickoff a "Hindu awakening" drive next year covering three lakh villages.
The VHP-sponsored meet will be attended by top RSS functionaries and BJP leaders, including new party president Rajnath Singh.
However, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will not be there. Modi will, instead, come to Allahabad on February 12. VHP has already clarified that it has not invited Modi for today’s meet and also denied that during the Maha Kumbh meet the Gujarat leader will be endorsed as BJP’s candidate for the Prime Minister’s post in 2014.
The insiders say that the firebrand Gujarat leader is being strategically kept away from the VHP-backed event since the RSS does not its top leadership to join the ‘Modi as PM’ debate.
The sources further say that the BJP also plans to induct Modi into the party`s parliamentary board asking him to lead the party`s campaign committee for the Lok Sabha elections.
The RSS` plan for 2014 is simple and clear – keeping the focus on Hindutva with the help of VHP, and the BJP putting up concerted efforts to win votes on an agenda of good governance.
With agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India