VHP Shinde`s `Hindu terror` remark
Allahabad: Stung by Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s "Hindu terror" remark, VHP Tuesday charged Congress with using its power to implicate Hindus in terror cases and appease its Muslim vote-bank.
The Vishwa Hindu Parishad also urged the Supreme Court to take suo motu notice of the "obvious violation of constitutional rights" of the majority community.
"The Home Minister`s statement is tantamount to insult of 100 crore Hindus inhabiting the country. The Congress party has always been anti-Hindu. Now, it appears to be using its power to implicate Hindus in terror cases and, thereby, appease its Muslim vote-bank," VHP International Working President Pravin Togadia said in a statement here.
He said, "The statement made by the Home Minister, while occupying a position of power, may influence investigations into terror cases and deprive Hindus arrested for such charges of a free and fair trial. Why should the Supreme Court not take suo motu notice of this obvious violation of constitutional right of Hindus?"
Shinde had earlier this week accused BJP and RSS of promoting "Hindu terrorism", drawing flak from the opposition party which has demanded his expulsion from the government even as his colleagues in Congress and the Union cabinet have defended his statement saying it was "based on facts".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read