VHP supporters move Allahabad HC against parish meet
Allahabad: Allahabad High Court on Tuesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government counsel to seek instructions on a PIL filed by Vishwa Hindu Parishad supporters against an event being organised by Christian missionaries here which, it has been alleged, would see attempts being made to proselytise the participants.
A Division Bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Sheo Kumar Singh and Justice Brijesh Kumar Srivastava passed the order on the writ petition filed by Akhil Bharatiya Samajik Samrasta Abhiyan through its state secretary, Pawan Srivastava.
The said event, which will be marked by a parish seminar, is scheduled to be held between Oct. 23-27 at the sprawling KP College grounds here.
Organised by the city-based Pastor Daniel Masih, one of the highlights of the event is an address by renowned evangelist Peter Youngren, who is likely to be flown in from Canada.
"Youngren has been behind the conversion of close to a million people from other faiths to Christianity and a similar attempt may be made by him here which could cause law and order problems," the petitioners said.
The matter will come up for another hearing tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip