VHP vows to defy ban, administration talks tough
Faizabad: A day after the Uttar Pradesh government banned its proposed `Sankalp Diwas` rally, the VHP on Tuesday vowed to go ahead with its programme even as the district administration said it was determined to thwart any such plan.
"Our activists in thousands are reaching the venue from all over Uttar Pradesh. We are ready for a confrontation with the state government," senior VHP leader and convener of the rally Ram Vilas Vedanti said.
The VHP was determined to hold its rally and "the ban order doesn`t matter us," he said.
Talking tough, the Faizabad district administration said it was taking all necessary steps to stop VHP activists from reaching the venue.
"We will not allow a single VHP activist to enter the Faizabad-Ayodhya to take part in the rally," DM Vipin Kumar Dwivedi said.
"Borders will be sealed and all roads leading to Faizabad-Ayodhya will be blocked to prevent VHP members from reaching here," he said.
The ban would be implemented strictly, the DM said.
After clamping down on the `84-Kosi Parikrama Yatra` in August, the UP government yesterday banned the VHP`s `Sankalp Diwas` stir proposed to be held on the banks of Saryu river in Ayodhya on October 18 to press for a legislation on building a Ram temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?