VHP`s five-kosi parikrama misses date
Faizabad: Prohibitory orders remained in force in the district in view of the VHP`s `panch-kosi parikrama`, which is now slated to start from tomorrow.
Although the VHP, whose `84 Kosi Yatra` was dealt with a heavy hand by the Uttar Pradesh government, had earlier announced to start the `yatra` from on Sunday, but its spokesperson Sharad Sharma said that due to today`s `yagna` at Karsevakpuram in Ayodhya, it will commence from Monday.
The `yatra` is meant to promote the demand for a Ram Mandir at the disputed site, he said.
Today, VHP activists remained confined to their local headquarters at Karsewkpuram.
According to the reports from VHP camp, the VHP leaders and `sadhus`, who were expected to arrive on Saturday to start the `parikrama` today, didn`t reach Karsewakpuram.
However, Faizabad administrations remained busy throughout the day guarding the `parikrama` route specially the minority-dominated pockets, and the areas of mixed populations adjacent to `yatra` route.
The administration was cautious and on high-alert keeping in view the Muzaffarnagar riots.
Faizabad Superintendent of Police Ram Sewak Gautam told that the security forces are on high-alert and our aim is to maintain communal harmony and peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy