VHP`s yatra: Cong, SP playing with fire, says BJP
Lucknow: The BJP on Saturday termed the ban on VHP`s proposed yatra in Ayodhya tomorrow as undemocratic and unconstitutional and alleged the Samajwadi Party along with the Congress was playing with fire on the issue.
"The SP along with the Congress is playing with fire. The unconstitutional and undemocratic ban on VHP`s 84-kosi parikrama is part of a dangerous divisive conspiracy of the two parties," BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
"The timings of religious programmes are decided by saints and not governments," he told reporters here.
Talking about upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Naqvi said "petrol-rupee-onion" had become the TRP of the Congress-led UPA government.
On this "negative" TRP, the "misgovernance" of the Congress would end soon, he said.
The country was passing through a difficult phase and the main cause for this was "rampant corruption" during the UPA regime, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS