VHP`s yatra: Cong, SP playing with fire, says BJP
Lucknow: The BJP on Saturday termed the ban on VHP`s proposed yatra in Ayodhya tomorrow as undemocratic and unconstitutional and alleged the Samajwadi Party along with the Congress was playing with fire on the issue.
"The SP along with the Congress is playing with fire. The unconstitutional and undemocratic ban on VHP`s 84-kosi parikrama is part of a dangerous divisive conspiracy of the two parties," BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
"The timings of religious programmes are decided by saints and not governments," he told reporters here.
Talking about upcoming Lok Sabha polls, Naqvi said "petrol-rupee-onion" had become the TRP of the Congress-led UPA government.
On this "negative" TRP, the "misgovernance" of the Congress would end soon, he said.
The country was passing through a difficult phase and the main cause for this was "rampant corruption" during the UPA regime, the BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army