Vidarbha farmers, widows to fast tomorrow on delayed rain woes
Nagpur: Farmers and widows of suicide affected families in Vidarbha would be observing a day-long fast tomorrow at Pandharkawada in Yavatmal district, to draw the attention of authorities to the distress due to delayed rains in the region.
According to Vidarbha Janandolan Samiti President Kishore Tiwari, farmers are demanding free seeds and fertilisers and fresh crop loan as the situation was going from bad to worse due to lack of rains.
Even after second and third sowing, there was no drop of rain, which has led to growing tension and anxiety among the farming community.
Vidarbha region had already earned a dubious name for record number of farmers` suicide due to crop failure and indebtedness, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city