Village head shot dead by miscreants in Barabanki
Barabanki: A village head was allegedly shot dead by unidentified men and later his limbs were hacked in Masauli area near here, police said on Sunday.
Prem Verma (42) was shot dead outside his house and later his hands and legs were hacked with sharp-edged weapon by the miscreants in Karsanda village late last night, they said.
On a complaint filed by Prem`s brother Vansh Kumar, a case has been lodged against their relative Ram Milan and six others, police said.
Further probes are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...