Village head shot dead in Meerut
Meerut (UP): A 35-year-old village head was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Razapur of the district allegedly due to rivalry over local elections, police said on Sunday.
Razapur village head, Anil, (35) was shot dead yesterday when he was coming home on his motorcycle with cousin Vipin, police said.
The assailants, who were in a moving car, first targeted Anil`s bike and when he fell down, shot him near Rama Garden Colony here, they said, adding, Vipin escaped unhurt.
Anil was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, they said.
Police have registered a case against two brothers of the same village, Pradeep and Prawesh, on the complaint of the deceased`s relatives, citing enmity over elections of block head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details