Village head shot dead in Meerut
Meerut (UP): A 35-year-old village head was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Razapur of the district allegedly due to rivalry over local elections, police said on Sunday.
Razapur village head, Anil, (35) was shot dead yesterday when he was coming home on his motorcycle with cousin Vipin, police said.
The assailants, who were in a moving car, first targeted Anil`s bike and when he fell down, shot him near Rama Garden Colony here, they said, adding, Vipin escaped unhurt.
Anil was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, they said.
Police have registered a case against two brothers of the same village, Pradeep and Prawesh, on the complaint of the deceased`s relatives, citing enmity over elections of block head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand