Village in UP prays for Delhi gang-rape victim`s recovery
Ballia: Amid outrage across the country against the gang-rape of a young woman student in Delhi, people in her native village are praying for her recovery and well-being.
Since the news of the incident came, locals of Medwara Kalan village are praying day and night in the local temple for the early recovery of the 23-year-old and that she succeeds in overcoming this testing phase, former village head Parasnath Yadav said.
The villagers have demanded capital punishment for the accused who brutalised the paramedic student in a Delhi bus.
"We will continue to struggle till the time the accused are hanged," Yadav said.
One of the victim`s uncle, who lives in the village, said he and his family had gone to Delhi to see the young woman.
"People of the family are very worried after the incident," a family member said.
The native of Ballia was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus and later thrown out from the vehicle in South Delhi area on December 16.
The incident has resulted in protests across the country with people staging demonstrations and demanding stringent punishment to the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender