Village in UP prays for Delhi gang-rape victim`s recovery
Ballia: Amid outrage across the country against the gang-rape of a young woman student in Delhi, people in her native village are praying for her recovery and well-being.
Since the news of the incident came, locals of Medwara Kalan village are praying day and night in the local temple for the early recovery of the 23-year-old and that she succeeds in overcoming this testing phase, former village head Parasnath Yadav said.
The villagers have demanded capital punishment for the accused who brutalised the paramedic student in a Delhi bus.
"We will continue to struggle till the time the accused are hanged," Yadav said.
One of the victim`s uncle, who lives in the village, said he and his family had gone to Delhi to see the young woman.
"People of the family are very worried after the incident," a family member said.
The native of Ballia was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus and later thrown out from the vehicle in South Delhi area on December 16.
The incident has resulted in protests across the country with people staging demonstrations and demanding stringent punishment to the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital