Villagers lynch murder accused`s father in UP
Sambhal: A man was killed by a drunkard over a petty dispute following which irate villagers lynched the accused`s father and also set his body ablaze, police said.
Vijendra (35) was shot dead by drunk Ghanshyam last night over a tiff in Mohkumpur village under Bahjoi police station area. Enraged over the incident, irate villagers lynched Ghanshyam`s father Dular Singh (55) and also set his body ablaze, Circle Officer Bahjoi Rajpal Singh said.
A police team rushed to the village on getting the information but faced opposition with mob indulging in brick batting, Singh said.
The half burnt body was recovered and has been sent for post mortem examination.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt