Villagers lynch murder accused`s father in UP
Sambhal: A man was killed by a drunkard over a petty dispute following which irate villagers lynched the accused`s father and also set his body ablaze, police said.
Vijendra (35) was shot dead by drunk Ghanshyam last night over a tiff in Mohkumpur village under Bahjoi police station area. Enraged over the incident, irate villagers lynched Ghanshyam`s father Dular Singh (55) and also set his body ablaze, Circle Officer Bahjoi Rajpal Singh said.
A police team rushed to the village on getting the information but faced opposition with mob indulging in brick batting, Singh said.
The half burnt body was recovered and has been sent for post mortem examination.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, Singh added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark