Villagers lynch murder accused`s father in UP
Sambhal: A man was killed by a drunkard over a petty dispute following which irate villagers lynched the accused`s father and also set his body ablaze, police said.
Vijendra (35) was shot dead by drunk Ghanshyam last night over a tiff in Mohkumpur village under Bahjoi police station area. Enraged over the incident, irate villagers lynched Ghanshyam`s father Dular Singh (55) and also set his body ablaze, Circle Officer Bahjoi Rajpal Singh said.
A police team rushed to the village on getting the information but faced opposition with mob indulging in brick batting, Singh said.
The half burnt body was recovered and has been sent for post mortem examination.
A case has been registered and further investigations are on, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!