Violence in police recruitment drive in Chandauli
Chandauli: Candidates gathered for a police recruitment drive turned violent here today damaging public property and setting a bus ablaze, when they were informed that application forms were no longer available, police said.
Circle Officer L D Bharti said that the police recruitment drive was being held in Madhipur area for the last three days and forms were being distributed to the aspirants.
However, over a thousand aspirants who came today turned violent when they were informed that forms were not available, Bharti said, adding that they damaged public property of Mandi Parishad and set a roadways bus ablaze on National Highway-2.
Police later resorted to lathicharge to bring the situation under control.
A heavy police force has been deployed in and around the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal