Violence outside AMU VC`s office, 5 hurt
Aligarh: At least five people, four of them security guards, were injured when protesting students turned violent outside the Vice Chancellor’s office at the Aligarh Muslim University here Saturday evening.
The students were agitating for the past few days in support of their demand for reduction in minimum attendance percentage.
A student and four varsity security guards were injured in the violence, a university spokesman said adding the protesters indulged in brick-batting.
He said "the ongoing stir of the students is illegal and the university will not bow down to their pressure tactics."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman