Violence outside AMU VC`s office, 5 hurt
Aligarh: At least five people, four of them security guards, were injured when protesting students turned violent outside the Vice Chancellor’s office at the Aligarh Muslim University here Saturday evening.
The students were agitating for the past few days in support of their demand for reduction in minimum attendance percentage.
A student and four varsity security guards were injured in the violence, a university spokesman said adding the protesters indulged in brick-batting.
He said "the ongoing stir of the students is illegal and the university will not bow down to their pressure tactics."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda