Violence outside AMU VC`s office, 5 hurt
Aligarh: At least five people, four of them security guards, were injured when protesting students turned violent outside the Vice Chancellor’s office at the Aligarh Muslim University here Saturday evening.
The students were agitating for the past few days in support of their demand for reduction in minimum attendance percentage.
A student and four varsity security guards were injured in the violence, a university spokesman said adding the protesters indulged in brick-batting.
He said "the ongoing stir of the students is illegal and the university will not bow down to their pressure tactics."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends