Violence outside AMU VC`s office, 5 hurt
Aligarh: At least five people, four of them security guards, were injured when protesting students turned violent outside the Vice Chancellor’s office at the Aligarh Muslim University here Saturday evening.
The students were agitating for the past few days in support of their demand for reduction in minimum attendance percentage.
A student and four varsity security guards were injured in the violence, a university spokesman said adding the protesters indulged in brick-batting.
He said "the ongoing stir of the students is illegal and the university will not bow down to their pressure tactics."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation