`VIP tourism` not to help victims in Uttarakhand: Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to visits of dignitaries to flood ravaged Uttarakhand during the rescue operations, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said extending relief to victims was of prime importance and not "VIP tourism".
"The need of the hour is relief and rescue works and not this VIP tourism ... The arrival of VIPs in the affected areas divert the attention of the officials from the relief and rescue operations," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"It is sad that people are looking for issues in the relief works and trying to use it for propaganda purposes.... this is most inhuman and insensitive", Chaudhary said without taking any names and questioned that how the VIPs contributed in rescue operations to help the victims.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav are keeping a tab on the situation in Uttarakhand and giving top priority on rushing relief material to the neighbouring state, Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh Yadav will visit Uttarakhand at the "right" time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!