`VIP tourism` not to help victims in Uttarakhand: Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to visits of dignitaries to flood ravaged Uttarakhand during the rescue operations, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said extending relief to victims was of prime importance and not "VIP tourism".
"The need of the hour is relief and rescue works and not this VIP tourism ... The arrival of VIPs in the affected areas divert the attention of the officials from the relief and rescue operations," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"It is sad that people are looking for issues in the relief works and trying to use it for propaganda purposes.... this is most inhuman and insensitive", Chaudhary said without taking any names and questioned that how the VIPs contributed in rescue operations to help the victims.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav are keeping a tab on the situation in Uttarakhand and giving top priority on rushing relief material to the neighbouring state, Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh Yadav will visit Uttarakhand at the "right" time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder