`VIP tourism` not to help victims in Uttarakhand: Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to visits of dignitaries to flood ravaged Uttarakhand during the rescue operations, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said extending relief to victims was of prime importance and not "VIP tourism".
"The need of the hour is relief and rescue works and not this VIP tourism ... The arrival of VIPs in the affected areas divert the attention of the officials from the relief and rescue operations," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"It is sad that people are looking for issues in the relief works and trying to use it for propaganda purposes.... this is most inhuman and insensitive", Chaudhary said without taking any names and questioned that how the VIPs contributed in rescue operations to help the victims.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav are keeping a tab on the situation in Uttarakhand and giving top priority on rushing relief material to the neighbouring state, Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh Yadav will visit Uttarakhand at the "right" time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das