`VIP tourism` not to help victims in Uttarakhand: Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Taking strong exception to visits of dignitaries to flood ravaged Uttarakhand during the rescue operations, Samajwadi Party on Wednesday said extending relief to victims was of prime importance and not "VIP tourism".
"The need of the hour is relief and rescue works and not this VIP tourism ... The arrival of VIPs in the affected areas divert the attention of the officials from the relief and rescue operations," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said.
"It is sad that people are looking for issues in the relief works and trying to use it for propaganda purposes.... this is most inhuman and insensitive", Chaudhary said without taking any names and questioned that how the VIPs contributed in rescue operations to help the victims.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav are keeping a tab on the situation in Uttarakhand and giving top priority on rushing relief material to the neighbouring state, Chaudhary said.
Akhilesh Yadav will visit Uttarakhand at the "right" time, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video