Visit other places too in UP where communal clashes broke: Azam Khan to PM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammed Azam Khan Monday told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to also visit other places in the state that have seen communal clashes.
Khan made the remark soon after Manmohan Singh visited Muzaffarnagar along with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"They have gone to Muzaffarnagar. It is good but they should be equally concerned for other places (too that saw communal clashes)," he said. "(They) should go to Faizabad, Bareilly and Mathura too."
At least 48 people were killed when communal violence engulfed Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7-9, leaving more than 100 people injured and forcing thousands to flee their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Three charred to death as bus catches fire in Karnataka
- US avoiding 'confrontation' in sea row: John Kerry
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!