Visit other places too in UP where communal clashes broke: Azam Khan to PM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammed Azam Khan Monday told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to also visit other places in the state that have seen communal clashes.
Khan made the remark soon after Manmohan Singh visited Muzaffarnagar along with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"They have gone to Muzaffarnagar. It is good but they should be equally concerned for other places (too that saw communal clashes)," he said. "(They) should go to Faizabad, Bareilly and Mathura too."
At least 48 people were killed when communal violence engulfed Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7-9, leaving more than 100 people injured and forcing thousands to flee their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees