Visit other places too in UP where communal clashes broke: Azam Khan to PM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammed Azam Khan Monday told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to also visit other places in the state that have seen communal clashes.
Khan made the remark soon after Manmohan Singh visited Muzaffarnagar along with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"They have gone to Muzaffarnagar. It is good but they should be equally concerned for other places (too that saw communal clashes)," he said. "(They) should go to Faizabad, Bareilly and Mathura too."
At least 48 people were killed when communal violence engulfed Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7-9, leaving more than 100 people injured and forcing thousands to flee their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!