Visit other places too in UP where communal clashes broke: Azam Khan to PM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammed Azam Khan Monday told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to also visit other places in the state that have seen communal clashes.
Khan made the remark soon after Manmohan Singh visited Muzaffarnagar along with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"They have gone to Muzaffarnagar. It is good but they should be equally concerned for other places (too that saw communal clashes)," he said. "(They) should go to Faizabad, Bareilly and Mathura too."
At least 48 people were killed when communal violence engulfed Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7-9, leaving more than 100 people injured and forcing thousands to flee their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'