Visit other places too in UP where communal clashes broke: Azam Khan to PM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mohammed Azam Khan Monday told Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to also visit other places in the state that have seen communal clashes.
Khan made the remark soon after Manmohan Singh visited Muzaffarnagar along with Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"They have gone to Muzaffarnagar. It is good but they should be equally concerned for other places (too that saw communal clashes)," he said. "(They) should go to Faizabad, Bareilly and Mathura too."
At least 48 people were killed when communal violence engulfed Muzaffarnagar district Sep 7-9, leaving more than 100 people injured and forcing thousands to flee their homes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog