Visit to Sultanpur is like a homecoming: Varun Gandhi
Sultanpur: Amid speculations of him contesting the next Lok Sabha elections from Sultanpur, BJP MP Varun Gandhi on Thursday said his visit to the district is like a homecoming and a new politics should start in the region.
"Today I have come home. I was blessed with a daughter on March 19 but God took her away on April 19. She was my first child. Only I can feel the pain and from now on every child of Sultanpur is my child," he said here.
Varun, accompanied by former BJP national president Nitin Gadkari, was addressing party`s `Swabhiman Rally` in the district.
He said a new politics should start from Sultanpur, the impact of which should be felt from Ayodhya to Jaunpur and Pratapgarh, indicating his aim of carving out a way for the saffron party in the region.
While Varun`s cousin Rahul Gandhi is Congress MP from Amethi which falls under Sultanpur district, Congress President Sonia Gandhi represents the neighbouring Rae Bareli parliamentary constituency.
Recounting relation of his father Sanjay Gandhi with Sultanpur, Varun said that the hand of former Amethi MP (Sanjay) was always with its people.
"I have come here to understand your pains, I am not here to make any poll announcement. You all are in my heart," Varun said.
Attacking the SP-led Uttar Pradesh government, Varun alleged no person was safe in the state under the current rule and every section of the society was facing problems.
A government headed by a youth has failed to give employments to the youths of the state, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued