Wanted criminal shot dead by assailants in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A wanted criminal was on Monday shot dead by four armed assailants in a suspected case of gang rivalry here, police said.
Amit, member of Naresh Bhati gang, was travelling in his car on Delhi-Saharanpur road this morning when the four assailants fired at him, they said.
"When Amit reached near Khajuri Pusta, four armed men in two cars waylaid his car and opened fire at him.
"Around 18 bullets were fired of which reportedly 12 hit Amit. We suspect they were from a rival gang," Station House Officer, Loni Police Station, Gorakh Nath said
A case against unidentified persons has been registered.
Amit, wanted in several other cases, was also involved in a shootout at a wedding in Sahibabad area in 2011 and was carrying a cash reward of Rs 17,000 on his head.
The Noida and Ghaziabad Police had also announced a cash reward of Rs 12,000 and Rs 5,000 respectively on Amit`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike