Wanted criminal shot dead by assailants in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A wanted criminal was on Monday shot dead by four armed assailants in a suspected case of gang rivalry here, police said.
Amit, member of Naresh Bhati gang, was travelling in his car on Delhi-Saharanpur road this morning when the four assailants fired at him, they said.
"When Amit reached near Khajuri Pusta, four armed men in two cars waylaid his car and opened fire at him.
"Around 18 bullets were fired of which reportedly 12 hit Amit. We suspect they were from a rival gang," Station House Officer, Loni Police Station, Gorakh Nath said
A case against unidentified persons has been registered.
Amit, wanted in several other cases, was also involved in a shootout at a wedding in Sahibabad area in 2011 and was carrying a cash reward of Rs 17,000 on his head.
The Noida and Ghaziabad Police had also announced a cash reward of Rs 12,000 and Rs 5,000 respectively on Amit`s arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says