Wanted gangster killed in Ghaziabad police encounter
Ghaziabad: In a major breakthrough, police on Thursday shot dead a dreaded gangster in an ensuing encounter following a tip off about his movement in Mohun Nagar here.
The notorious criminal, who has been identified as Ravinder Tyagi, was travelling in a Honda car along with his three close associates, when his car was intercepted by the police team.
When asked to stop their vehicle, the criminals opened indiscriminate fire on the police party and in the ensuing encounter Tyagi was killed.
However, three of his close associates, who were also in the car, managed to flee from the scene.
Ravinder Tyagi is wanted in several cases of extortion, contract killing and kidnapping in both Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and carries a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head.
In the operation, one Sub Inspector also received bullet injuries.
He has been admitted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and a combing operation has also been launched to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan