Wanted gangster killed in Ghaziabad police encounter
Ghaziabad: In a major breakthrough, police on Thursday shot dead a dreaded gangster in an ensuing encounter following a tip off about his movement in Mohun Nagar here.
The notorious criminal, who has been identified as Ravinder Tyagi, was travelling in a Honda car along with his three close associates, when his car was intercepted by the police team.
When asked to stop their vehicle, the criminals opened indiscriminate fire on the police party and in the ensuing encounter Tyagi was killed.
However, three of his close associates, who were also in the car, managed to flee from the scene.
Ravinder Tyagi is wanted in several cases of extortion, contract killing and kidnapping in both Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and carries a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head.
In the operation, one Sub Inspector also received bullet injuries.
He has been admitted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and a combing operation has also been launched to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok