Wanted gangster killed in Ghaziabad police encounter
Ghaziabad: In a major breakthrough, police on Thursday shot dead a dreaded gangster in an ensuing encounter following a tip off about his movement in Mohun Nagar here.
The notorious criminal, who has been identified as Ravinder Tyagi, was travelling in a Honda car along with his three close associates, when his car was intercepted by the police team.
When asked to stop their vehicle, the criminals opened indiscriminate fire on the police party and in the ensuing encounter Tyagi was killed.
However, three of his close associates, who were also in the car, managed to flee from the scene.
Ravinder Tyagi is wanted in several cases of extortion, contract killing and kidnapping in both Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and carries a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head.
In the operation, one Sub Inspector also received bullet injuries.
He has been admitted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and a combing operation has also been launched to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing