Wanted gangster killed in Ghaziabad police encounter
Ghaziabad: In a major breakthrough, police on Thursday shot dead a dreaded gangster in an ensuing encounter following a tip off about his movement in Mohun Nagar here.
The notorious criminal, who has been identified as Ravinder Tyagi, was travelling in a Honda car along with his three close associates, when his car was intercepted by the police team.
When asked to stop their vehicle, the criminals opened indiscriminate fire on the police party and in the ensuing encounter Tyagi was killed.
However, three of his close associates, who were also in the car, managed to flee from the scene.
Ravinder Tyagi is wanted in several cases of extortion, contract killing and kidnapping in both Delhi and Uttar Pradesh and carries a cash reward of Rs 50,000 on his head.
In the operation, one Sub Inspector also received bullet injuries.
He has been admitted to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and a combing operation has also been launched to nab the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout