Wardboy playing doctor suspended; CMS removed
Lucknow: Amid shocking visuals of ward boys playing doctors in a Bulandshahar hospital, the Uttar Pradesh government today "removed" the Chief Medical Superintendent and suspended a ward boy of the government facility.
"The ward boy, who was putting stitches, has been suspended and the CMS has been removed," Health Minister Ahmad Hasan told reporters here.
The CMS has been removed as he was present in the hospital and such a thing should had not have happened in his presence, he said.
"We want to assure people that a lot of improvement has taken place in health services. Best medicines would be provided and corrupt and incapable doctors will be terminated," Hasan said.
In shocking state of affairs in a government hospital in Bulandshahar, ward boys and sweepers were were found performing medical procedures on patients.
Visuals showing a class IV employee of the Bulandshahar district hospital putting stitches on the wounds of an injured child and another one giving an injection to a patient were aired by TV channels.
But the hospital authorities maintained such staff were "trained" to carry out the procedures.
The UP government had on Tuesday ordered an inquiry, saying laxity will not be tolerated and stern action will be taken against the errant staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 launched in India at Rs 77.5 lakh
- Two attackers 'neutralized', one hostage killed in France church attack
- Criminal stabbed to death in Goa prison