Wardboy playing doctor suspended; CMS removed
Lucknow: Amid shocking visuals of ward boys playing doctors in a Bulandshahar hospital, the Uttar Pradesh government today "removed" the Chief Medical Superintendent and suspended a ward boy of the government facility.
"The ward boy, who was putting stitches, has been suspended and the CMS has been removed," Health Minister Ahmad Hasan told reporters here.
The CMS has been removed as he was present in the hospital and such a thing should had not have happened in his presence, he said.
"We want to assure people that a lot of improvement has taken place in health services. Best medicines would be provided and corrupt and incapable doctors will be terminated," Hasan said.
In shocking state of affairs in a government hospital in Bulandshahar, ward boys and sweepers were were found performing medical procedures on patients.
Visuals showing a class IV employee of the Bulandshahar district hospital putting stitches on the wounds of an injured child and another one giving an injection to a patient were aired by TV channels.
But the hospital authorities maintained such staff were "trained" to carry out the procedures.
The UP government had on Tuesday ordered an inquiry, saying laxity will not be tolerated and stern action will be taken against the errant staff.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Mouth-watering! World's 'longest' Vada Pao made in Gurgaon
- Hollande voices `concern` to Putin over Ukraine tension: Presidency
- Merger with Samajwadi Party difficult, can forge alliance: Mukhtar Ansari
- Pakistan forces seal MQM party headquarters after TV station attack
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front