Warrant against sub-inspector in SP leader murder case
Muzaffarnagar: A special court at Meerut on Tuesday
issued a warrant against a Sub Inspector, who is a prosecution
witness in the murder case of SP leader Muzaffar Rana, for not
appearing in the cross-examination.
Sub Inspector Deepak Malik remained absent in the court,
while the four accused, including local BSP MP Kadir Rana,
appeared in the case related to the SP leader`s murder.
Samajwadi Party leader Muzaffar Rana was shot dead in a
clash between SP and RLD supporters at a polling centre during
local bodies polls here on October 28, 2006.
Police had registered a case against four persons,
including Kadir Rana and his brother Noor Salim, in this
Later the case was shifted to Meerut from Muzaffarnagar
by the Allahabad High Court on the plea of victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city