Warrant issued against former UP minister
Muzaffarnagar: A warrant has been issued against a former UP Minister by a local court for failing to appear as a witness in a murder case trial.
Additional District Sessions Judge RP Singh yesterday issued warrant against Yograj Singh and directed him to appear in court and give his statement on November 28.
BKU chief Naresh Tikait, who is an accused in the case pertaining to murder of Choudhry Jagbir Singh, has already appeared in court.
Rashtriya Kisan Morcha president Choudhry Jagbir Singh was shot dead in Ahlawatpur village in the district on September 6, 2003.
His son had lodged FIR against three people, including Tikait.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16