Was not under any pressure: Ayodhya judge
New Delhi: Within days of delivering the much-awaited Ayodhya verdict, one of the judges on the Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court has spoken out on the matter.
Justice Sudhir Agrawal told a news channel that he or any of the other judges were under no pressure whatsoever from any quarters.
According to him, it was just like any other case for the Bench.
Agrawal also discounted reports that there was tension between the judges over the verdict.
Justice Agrawal and Justice SU Khan had chosen to divide the disputed land into three parts, giving one-third share to the mosque and allowing two-thirds of the property to remain with two different Hindu parties, while the third judge, Justice Dharam Veer Sharma, ruled that the entire land should go to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?