Water level of Ganga, Yamuna rivers rise
Ghaziabad: Water level of the Ganga and
Yamuna rivers is on the rise following heavy rains in the area
but authorities have ruled out any possible flood threat in
Level of the rivers Ganga and Yamuna are rising in
Garhmukteshwar and Loni respectively, said District Magistrate
Shashi Bhushan Kumar, adding that presently there is no danger
as water is flowing much below the danger mark at Alipur
barrage on Yamuna river in Loni area.
He added that administration has taken all necessary
steps to cope with the situation and the concerned flood
department has been instructed to keep a vigil on the
People living along the banks of the Hindon river in
Ghaziabad city area have also been asked to remain alert,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot