Water level of Ganga, Yamuna rivers rise
Ghaziabad: Water level of the Ganga and
Yamuna rivers is on the rise following heavy rains in the area
but authorities have ruled out any possible flood threat in
Level of the rivers Ganga and Yamuna are rising in
Garhmukteshwar and Loni respectively, said District Magistrate
Shashi Bhushan Kumar, adding that presently there is no danger
as water is flowing much below the danger mark at Alipur
barrage on Yamuna river in Loni area.
He added that administration has taken all necessary
steps to cope with the situation and the concerned flood
department has been instructed to keep a vigil on the
People living along the banks of the Hindon river in
Ghaziabad city area have also been asked to remain alert,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!