Water supply in Delhi, NCR to remain affected till Nov 10
Muzaffarnagar: The water supply in parts of Delhi, Noida and Agra will continue to remain affected for some more days as the closure period of the Ganga Canal has been extended to November 10.
The Ganga Canal would remain closed as the ongoing repair work will continue for five more days, said VS Yadav, Sub-Divisional Officer of Irrigation Department.
The Ganga canal has been closed since October 14 for its annual maintenance work, he said adding that the Ganga Canal in Murad Nagar provides drinking water to Sonia Vihar water treatment plant in Delhi.
This delay would also affect 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Hathras and Firozabad which uses water from the canal for irrigation purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!