Water supply in Delhi, NCR to remain affected till Nov 10
Muzaffarnagar: The water supply in parts of Delhi, Noida and Agra will continue to remain affected for some more days as the closure period of the Ganga Canal has been extended to November 10.
The Ganga Canal would remain closed as the ongoing repair work will continue for five more days, said VS Yadav, Sub-Divisional Officer of Irrigation Department.
The Ganga canal has been closed since October 14 for its annual maintenance work, he said adding that the Ganga Canal in Murad Nagar provides drinking water to Sonia Vihar water treatment plant in Delhi.
This delay would also affect 19 districts of Uttar Pradesh including Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Hathras and Firozabad which uses water from the canal for irrigation purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?