We inherited Rs 25 thousand cr power dues from BSP: Akhilesh Yadav
Hamirpur: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday blamed the previous BSP government for the state`s power crisis, claiming the state inherited power dues to the tune of Rs 25 thousand crore.
"The power crisis witnessed in the state is due to the previous BSP government. We have inherited dues of Rs 25 thousand crore on the power department from the previous government due to which, we are facing some problems. We will ensure that power scenario improves," Yadav said.
The Chief Minister was here to distribute laptops to 12th pass students at a programme in which 7,439 students were given laptops.
Laptop was need of the hour for students to remain in touch with the latest world developments, he said.
"The youth power should be given due respect and privilege as without it development of any country is not possible", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use