We inherited Rs 25 thousand cr power dues from BSP: Akhilesh Yadav
Hamirpur: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday blamed the previous BSP government for the state`s power crisis, claiming the state inherited power dues to the tune of Rs 25 thousand crore.
"The power crisis witnessed in the state is due to the previous BSP government. We have inherited dues of Rs 25 thousand crore on the power department from the previous government due to which, we are facing some problems. We will ensure that power scenario improves," Yadav said.
The Chief Minister was here to distribute laptops to 12th pass students at a programme in which 7,439 students were given laptops.
Laptop was need of the hour for students to remain in touch with the latest world developments, he said.
"The youth power should be given due respect and privilege as without it development of any country is not possible", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state