Whistle-blower alleges involvement of local SP leader in scam
Muzaffarnagar: A former district welfare officer, whose revelations had blown the lids off an alleged muti-crore scam in welfare department, has alleged direct involvement of a local Samajwadi Party leader here.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Rinku Singh Rahi alleged that certain officials of the department were trying to shield the SP leader.
"Huge amount of money has been transfered in the SP leader and his relatives` bank account but the department did not take any action against him," Rahi claimed.
The scam to the tune of Rs 44.33 crore was brought to notice by Rahi, who had staged a dharna in Lucknow in 2002.
After that 11 officials including former district social welfare officer Gayasuddin were booked and seven of them have been sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'