Whistle-blower alleges involvement of local SP leader in scam
Muzaffarnagar: A former district welfare officer, whose revelations had blown the lids off an alleged muti-crore scam in welfare department, has alleged direct involvement of a local Samajwadi Party leader here.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Rinku Singh Rahi alleged that certain officials of the department were trying to shield the SP leader.
"Huge amount of money has been transfered in the SP leader and his relatives` bank account but the department did not take any action against him," Rahi claimed.
The scam to the tune of Rs 44.33 crore was brought to notice by Rahi, who had staged a dharna in Lucknow in 2002.
After that 11 officials including former district social welfare officer Gayasuddin were booked and seven of them have been sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September