Whistle-blower alleges involvement of local SP leader in scam
Muzaffarnagar: A former district welfare officer, whose revelations had blown the lids off an alleged muti-crore scam in welfare department, has alleged direct involvement of a local Samajwadi Party leader here.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Rinku Singh Rahi alleged that certain officials of the department were trying to shield the SP leader.
"Huge amount of money has been transfered in the SP leader and his relatives` bank account but the department did not take any action against him," Rahi claimed.
The scam to the tune of Rs 44.33 crore was brought to notice by Rahi, who had staged a dharna in Lucknow in 2002.
After that 11 officials including former district social welfare officer Gayasuddin were booked and seven of them have been sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law