Whistle-blower alleges involvement of local SP leader in scam
Muzaffarnagar: A former district welfare officer, whose revelations had blown the lids off an alleged muti-crore scam in welfare department, has alleged direct involvement of a local Samajwadi Party leader here.
Talking to reporters here yesterday, Rinku Singh Rahi alleged that certain officials of the department were trying to shield the SP leader.
"Huge amount of money has been transfered in the SP leader and his relatives` bank account but the department did not take any action against him," Rahi claimed.
The scam to the tune of Rs 44.33 crore was brought to notice by Rahi, who had staged a dharna in Lucknow in 2002.
After that 11 officials including former district social welfare officer Gayasuddin were booked and seven of them have been sent to jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened