Why no chargesheet against Shukla in NRHM scam: HC asks CBI
Allahabad: Barely a week after a top Uttar Pradesh bureaucrat, named an accused in multi-crore NRHM scam, was granted bail by a CBI court, the Allahabad High Court on Thursday sought an explanation from the probe agency as to why a chargesheet was not filed against the IAS officer in time.
A Division Bench comprising justices Amar Saran and Pankaj Naqvi passed an order to this effect on a writ petition filed by Pradeep Shukla, a former Principal Secretary of Medical Health department in the state, who had challenged the cases lodged against him by the CBI in the NRHM scam.
Significantly, Shukla was granted bail on August 8 by a special CBI court at Ghaziabad which too had pointed out the probe agency`s inability to file a chargesheet against the IAS officer who was arrested nearly three months ago.
The High Court, while seeking an explanation from the CBI on the issue, fixed August 30 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Shukla has filed the writ petition challenging the three FIRs so far lodged against him by the CBI.
He has also claimed that the cases were lodged against him without taking prior approval from the Centre and the state government which was mandatory under law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you