Why no chargesheet against Shukla in NRHM scam: HC asks CBI
Allahabad: Barely a week after a top Uttar Pradesh bureaucrat, named an accused in multi-crore NRHM scam, was granted bail by a CBI court, the Allahabad High Court on Thursday sought an explanation from the probe agency as to why a chargesheet was not filed against the IAS officer in time.
A Division Bench comprising justices Amar Saran and Pankaj Naqvi passed an order to this effect on a writ petition filed by Pradeep Shukla, a former Principal Secretary of Medical Health department in the state, who had challenged the cases lodged against him by the CBI in the NRHM scam.
Significantly, Shukla was granted bail on August 8 by a special CBI court at Ghaziabad which too had pointed out the probe agency`s inability to file a chargesheet against the IAS officer who was arrested nearly three months ago.
The High Court, while seeking an explanation from the CBI on the issue, fixed August 30 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Shukla has filed the writ petition challenging the three FIRs so far lodged against him by the CBI.
He has also claimed that the cases were lodged against him without taking prior approval from the Centre and the state government which was mandatory under law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!