Will ban `Vishwaroopam` in UP if found objectionable
Lucknow: After the ban in Tamil Nadu, Kamal Haasan`s `Vishwaroopam` may be prevented from screening in Uttar Pradesh if it is found that the film "hurts the sentiments" of Muslims and indulges in "character assassination", the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) said on Thursday.
"Officials concerned would see the film thoroughly; if it is found to be good and entertaining (then it is) fine, or else, it would not be allowed to run in UP," Samajwadi Party general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha told reporters here.
"If it indulges in character assassination, it would not be screened in the state...," Kushwaha said.
The veteran actor`s spy thriller has run into trouble in Tamil Nadu where the High Court yesterday stayed its screening over the sensitive content of the film.
"It appears that there are some portions which hurt the sentiments of a religious group or caste... Officials would look into it," the SP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM