Will ban `Vishwaroopam` in UP if found objectionable
Lucknow: After the ban in Tamil Nadu, Kamal Haasan`s `Vishwaroopam` may be prevented from screening in Uttar Pradesh if it is found that the film "hurts the sentiments" of Muslims and indulges in "character assassination", the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) said on Thursday.
"Officials concerned would see the film thoroughly; if it is found to be good and entertaining (then it is) fine, or else, it would not be allowed to run in UP," Samajwadi Party general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha told reporters here.
"If it indulges in character assassination, it would not be screened in the state...," Kushwaha said.
The veteran actor`s spy thriller has run into trouble in Tamil Nadu where the High Court yesterday stayed its screening over the sensitive content of the film.
"It appears that there are some portions which hurt the sentiments of a religious group or caste... Officials would look into it," the SP leader added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know