Will ban `Vishwaroopam` in UP if found objectionable
Lucknow: After the ban in Tamil Nadu, Kamal Haasan`s `Vishwaroopam` may be prevented from screening in Uttar Pradesh if it is found that the film "hurts the sentiments" of Muslims and indulges in "character assassination", the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) said on Thursday.
"Officials concerned would see the film thoroughly; if it is found to be good and entertaining (then it is) fine, or else, it would not be allowed to run in UP," Samajwadi Party general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha told reporters here.
"If it indulges in character assassination, it would not be screened in the state...," Kushwaha said.
The veteran actor`s spy thriller has run into trouble in Tamil Nadu where the High Court yesterday stayed its screening over the sensitive content of the film.
"It appears that there are some portions which hurt the sentiments of a religious group or caste... Officials would look into it," the SP leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list