Will continue to raise voice against govt scams: SP
Lucknow: Alleging large scale corruption
by the BSP regime, Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh
Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav on Monday said Samajwadi Party would
continue to raise its voice against government scams.
"In the four year rule of the BSP, a scam to the tune
of Rs 40,000 crore had taken place in construction works.
Scams have taken place in almost all the departments," Yadav
alleged while talking to the reporters here.
He alleged that a scam of Rs 15,000 crore had taken
place in purchase of wheat, paddy and rice in food and civil
"While crores of rupees were wasted by the government,
law and order situation hit the bottom with rapes and murders
involving ruling BSP MLAs and minister," Yadav said.
The SP leader alleged that the behaviour of Chief
Minister Mayawati was totally undemocratic and she was
conspiring to plant her men in local bodies by conducting
indirect elections of mayors and chairmen.
He also condemned police action on partymen during
three day agitation from March 7 and termed it as "barbaric".
"But the SP will not get fazed by these things, we
will continue to raise the issues related to the people,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt