Will continue to raise voice against govt scams: SP
Lucknow: Alleging large scale corruption
by the BSP regime, Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh
Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav on Monday said Samajwadi Party would
continue to raise its voice against government scams.
"In the four year rule of the BSP, a scam to the tune
of Rs 40,000 crore had taken place in construction works.
Scams have taken place in almost all the departments," Yadav
alleged while talking to the reporters here.
He alleged that a scam of Rs 15,000 crore had taken
place in purchase of wheat, paddy and rice in food and civil
"While crores of rupees were wasted by the government,
law and order situation hit the bottom with rapes and murders
involving ruling BSP MLAs and minister," Yadav said.
The SP leader alleged that the behaviour of Chief
Minister Mayawati was totally undemocratic and she was
conspiring to plant her men in local bodies by conducting
indirect elections of mayors and chairmen.
He also condemned police action on partymen during
three day agitation from March 7 and termed it as "barbaric".
"But the SP will not get fazed by these things, we
will continue to raise the issues related to the people,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes