Will continue to raise voice against govt scams: SP
Lucknow: Alleging large scale corruption
by the BSP regime, Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh
Assembly Shivpal Singh Yadav on Monday said Samajwadi Party would
continue to raise its voice against government scams.
"In the four year rule of the BSP, a scam to the tune
of Rs 40,000 crore had taken place in construction works.
Scams have taken place in almost all the departments," Yadav
alleged while talking to the reporters here.
He alleged that a scam of Rs 15,000 crore had taken
place in purchase of wheat, paddy and rice in food and civil
"While crores of rupees were wasted by the government,
law and order situation hit the bottom with rapes and murders
involving ruling BSP MLAs and minister," Yadav said.
The SP leader alleged that the behaviour of Chief
Minister Mayawati was totally undemocratic and she was
conspiring to plant her men in local bodies by conducting
indirect elections of mayors and chairmen.
He also condemned police action on partymen during
three day agitation from March 7 and termed it as "barbaric".
"But the SP will not get fazed by these things, we
will continue to raise the issues related to the people,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks