Will ensure laptop distribution: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Amid reports that a computer major has threatened to stop supply of laptops distributed by UP government to students due to pending dues, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday said it will not affect the scheme.
"All those whose name is on the list for it will get the laptops," Yadav told newspersons on the sidelines of a government programme.
When his attention was brought to the news in a section of media that Hewlett Packard, which has not been paid for more than five lakh laptops it has so far delivered, has threatened to stop further supplies till dues are settled, he said that officials would see to it how the payment has to be made.
"We will see what the hurdle is.....We have to distribute laptops and we would do it.. Officials will see how the payment has to be made," he said adding that the programme would be implemented.
According to the report in a section of media, four months after Yadav began distributing free laptops to students, HP, the supplier, has not been paid for more than 5 lakh laptops it has so far delivered.
With a Rs 900-crore bill pending, HP has threatened to stop further supplies till dues are settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'