Will ensure laptop distribution: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Amid reports that a computer major has threatened to stop supply of laptops distributed by UP government to students due to pending dues, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday said it will not affect the scheme.
"All those whose name is on the list for it will get the laptops," Yadav told newspersons on the sidelines of a government programme.
When his attention was brought to the news in a section of media that Hewlett Packard, which has not been paid for more than five lakh laptops it has so far delivered, has threatened to stop further supplies till dues are settled, he said that officials would see to it how the payment has to be made.
"We will see what the hurdle is.....We have to distribute laptops and we would do it.. Officials will see how the payment has to be made," he said adding that the programme would be implemented.
According to the report in a section of media, four months after Yadav began distributing free laptops to students, HP, the supplier, has not been paid for more than 5 lakh laptops it has so far delivered.
With a Rs 900-crore bill pending, HP has threatened to stop further supplies till dues are settled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31