Will `expose` Mayawati govt, says Digvijay
New Delhi: Stepping up his attack on the
ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh over the CMO murder issue, senior
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said his party will
"expose" the Mayawati government, while making a fresh demand
for a CBI probe into the incident.
"We will expose the Mayawati government. This corruption
trail is also reaching her door...Mayawati should order a CBI
inquiry into the case (CMO murder case).
"There have been three murders related to the office of
Lucknow Chief Medical Officer. Mayawati has expelled two
ministers saying they committed mistakes. But it was never
told what those mistakes were," Digivijay told reporters here
after a meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
A party delegation from UP led by Digvijay met the Prime
Minister and apprised him of the situation in the state.
Digvijay said corruption is at its peak in UP and his
party will expose the menace by launching campaigns in every
district of the state.
The delegation, which included UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna
Joshi, CLP leader Pramod Tewari and INTUC representatives, met
the Prime Minister to request him to reconsider the Cabinet
decision to sell Scooter India Limited.
The Cabinet on May 25 had said the government will
disinvest its 95 per cent share in Scooter India limited
(SIL), which is going in loss since 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH