Will go it alone in UP polls: RLD
Lucknow: RLD on Thursday said the party will go it alone in UP Assembly elections, due early next year.
"As of now, no talk is going on with any party for forging alliance ahead of the state polls," RLD chief Ajit Singh told reporters here when asked whether his party will go
for a tie-up with BJP and BSP ahead of the Assembly elections.
However, he hinted of a possible tie-up with other parties saying, "Though there is possibility...We are waiting for the right time as elections are still a year away but we
have already ruled out any alliance with BSP or BJP."
Singh alleged that people are fed up with the ruling BSP in the state and are looking for an alternative.
"People will find their alternatives during the elections...One thing is sure that Mayawati will not be voted to power again," he said.
The RLD leader alleged the state government has delisted some communities from the list of schedule castes.
"Kori community has been removed from the list...RLD will stage a demonstration against the move in west UP on February 21," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH