Will go it alone in UP polls: RLD
Lucknow: RLD on Thursday said the party will go it alone in UP Assembly elections, due early next year.
"As of now, no talk is going on with any party for forging alliance ahead of the state polls," RLD chief Ajit Singh told reporters here when asked whether his party will go
for a tie-up with BJP and BSP ahead of the Assembly elections.
However, he hinted of a possible tie-up with other parties saying, "Though there is possibility...We are waiting for the right time as elections are still a year away but we
have already ruled out any alliance with BSP or BJP."
Singh alleged that people are fed up with the ruling BSP in the state and are looking for an alternative.
"People will find their alternatives during the elections...One thing is sure that Mayawati will not be voted to power again," he said.
The RLD leader alleged the state government has delisted some communities from the list of schedule castes.
"Kori community has been removed from the list...RLD will stage a demonstration against the move in west UP on February 21," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price