Will not allow FDI implementation in UP: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Maintaining opposition to FDI in retail sector, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Saturday said his government will not allow its implementation in the state.
He also said that the decision on continuing its support to the UPA government after the hike in diesel price and FDI rests with the party`s national leadership.
"Samajwadi Party`s view is very clear on the FDI issue and it will not implement it in Uttar Pradesh," Yadav told reporters here.
Denying that there was a proposal to open such stores in the state, he said, "But the question is, what will happen to the stores already opened. BSP government implemented it (FDI in retail) and opened new stores. But Samajwadi Party is not in favour of opening new stores."
Asked whether people came to meet him with these proposals, he said those were only courtesy calls from investors.
"Whoever came to meet, it was just a courtesy call. They came just to congratulate us. As far as business is concerned, they said they want to bring in investment and want government cooperation for this," Yadav said.
On whether Samajwadi Party is planning to take its support back from the UPA government on the issue of hike in diesel price and FDI, he said any such decision rests with the party`s nation leadership.
"Only the National President will decide how the support will continue. It has been asked several times but Samajwadi Party will always provide support to counter communal powers in the country," he said.
Yadav said that his party will support a proposal for FDI in the field of electricity and roads.
"If they want to bring FDI, we want them to bring it in the fields of electricity and roads. But if it is introduced in retail sector, what will happen to our small shop owners," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM